20 Content Marketing Statistics that’ll Rock your World
Content marketing is the process of creating and distributing content that brings value to and benefits the reader. The growth and interest in the content marketing industry has led to an uncountable number of online resources that help small, medium, large, and everything in-between businesses get the most out of their strategy.
Sometimes, though, businesses need a kick up the backside to take a concept seriously.
At Epic New Media, we have seen the content marketing industry grow first hand. We have witnessed our customers increase their leads, sales, and website engagement significantly from it, not to mention the huge traffic boosts as a result of quality content being shared.
Marketers are no longer asking whether content marketing is the future… they are now asking what the future of content marketing is.
With that in mind, here‘s 20 content marketing statistics that‘ll rock your world. We have broken these down into different segments for easy reading. Enjoy!
General Content Marketing
1. 27,000,000 pieces of content are shared each day. – AOL / Nielsen.
2. 78% of CMOs think content is the future of marketing. – Demand Metric.
3. Only 42% of content marketers believe they are effective with it. – CMI / MarketingProfs.
4. 0.5% of a website’s content drives more than 50% of its traffic. – InboundWriter.
5. Conversion rates for brands using content marketing is 6 to 7x higher. – Aberdeen.
B2B Content Marketing
6. 87% of B2B buyers say content has an impact on vendor selection; more than a quarter (27%) say it has a “major impact.” – Social Media Today.
7. Only 44% of B2B Marketers have a documented content strategy. – CMI / MarketingProfs.
8. 60-70% of B2B marketing content goes unused. – Sirius Decisions.
9. 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing. – CMI.
10. 44% of B2B marketers have a documented content strategy. – CMI.
B2C Content Marketing
11. 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing. – CMI.
12. 60% of consumers are more likely to be on the lookout for products when looking at content marketing. – The CMA.
14. 90% of consumers find custom content useful, and 78% believe that organisations behind the content are interested in building good relationships. – TMG.
15. 55% of B2C marketers plan to increase their investment in branded content. – Custom Content.
Non-Profit Content Marketing
16. 92% of nonprofits are using social media, blogging, email, and videos for their content marketing efforts. – CMI.
17. Only 25% of non-profit professionals have a documented content strategy. – CMI.
18. 56% of those that support nonprofits on the social web confirm that compelling storytelling is what motivates them to take action on behalf of nonprofits. – Waggener Edstrom.
19. 52% of non-profit content marketers consider themselves highly effective. – Black Baud.
20. On average, 20% of non-profit marketing budgets are allocated to content marketing. – Black Baud.
Ready to launch a new project?
We only delivery stunning resultsGet Started Today